Saturday, March 17, 2012

Trish, it's for you....


So,  I was talking with my son on the phone tonight...           

We were talking about what God is doing in my life lately. I was telling him how I had been preparing a Bible study, and then heard four different sermons that confirmed what I was getting in my study. I mentioned how much more information the Holy Spirit was giving me, than I could even use for this study, so I was writing it down to save for another one. Then I thought, "Another one?! God, what are you doing?!"

We also talked about my feeling that God may be calling me into some form of ministry. I 've been wondering if it is just me, or if He really is wanting me to, about my situation and wondering how it would be possible. Naturally, I have prayed about it. In fact, I asked God for confirmation, if it was indeed what He wanted, and not just me. Well, just after I said this, our call got disconnected.

So I walked into the living room and did something unusual, for me; I decided to turn on the television.  I usually only turn it on for Joyce Meyer or when the children and I pick a movie to watch. I walked out of the room to get my glasses and when I returned, I sat down to watch. There was a well-known, respected, pastor speaking.

He said, "When God plants something in your heart, He has a reason for it. If you'll take the first step, in whatever He plants in your heart, God will lead you to the second step and He will provide every single thing you need."

"Whenever you take the first step in something God wants you to do, He will give you the second step. He has a blessing in mind."

Then he was talking about God calling people and how they respond, "Oh no, no, no! He would never call me. And they say, "When God first began to speak to me, I said, "Well, that couldn't be me. I have three children...I'm this, I'm that..." And God said, "Uh uhm, I'm calling you.""

My mouth dropped open, and my eyes misted at how incredible my God is!

I turned off the television to do devotions with the kids. I picked up the first book and I couldn't believe it. My son's devotion was about preparing our hearts and attitudes for speaking for God.

"OK," I said smiling, "I get it!"

I finished that one, and picked up the girls devotional to read. It was about fulfilling promises you make to accomplish something, even if it takes a while; you won't start doing, if you don't dare to dream. It ended with a prayer, "Let me never hesitate to make grand and glorious plans that serve Your kingdom."

You know, sometimes you just have to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment