Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I felt I should back up a little, since I left out the last 5 months. The children and I moved the first of September. I was worried about how they would adjust, and about us being alone, I needn't have. When will I learn; if you are following God's plan for you then it will be alright?

The move itself was not a good experience. The movers lost or broke a good portion of our things, of course the most expensive things. One daughter lost her entire wardrobe. All of the accessories to their video gaming system and all their games were lost. A box containing all of my jewelry and some of my daughters' was also 'lost' in transition. To top it off we lived in a totally empty house for a week before they managed to deliver what was left of our things. But enough complaining.

The place God allowed us to rent (from pics on the Internet) is wonderful. It isn't large by any means. It is smaller, but so cozy and homey feeling. The location is out a little from town, but in a pleasant neighborhood, and the half-acre yard is very nice. The air is fresh and you can see the stars in the night sky. It is peaceful and comforting and like medicine for my soul. My city girl was a little freaked by the country, at first. She couldn't believe there was so much space without people. Happily, after being here a few weeks she started coming around. In fact, she came in one night after a spending the afternoon and evening on a farm back off to itself, declaring that we should live somewhere like that!


The kids love their new schools and feel like the people are friendlier here. Which of course, I think they are. For the most part people here are just good, down-to-earth people and relatively accepting. Quite the change from some places we have lived.


We made our first church visit the second week we were here. The plan was to check out different churches and decide where we liked and felt the most comfortable. Then we would chose from those options. Well, that was the plan anyway. We walked into church that morning and into something different than we had ever experienced. This church had been praying for two years for a move of God. He showed up. They were in their 13th week of revival at that time. It went on for another 6 weeks. 
I asked the kids about visiting another church the next week. They unanimously agreed they didn't want to go somewhere else, they wanted to stay there. Obviously, we stayed. Three months later we joined the church.


I truly believe it was God's plan for us to come here when we did, live where we are living, and for us to go to that church during the revival. We have had peace here. I am making friends at church and getting involved there. I am growing so much spiritually, and I know there is more to come. I am full of anticipation and expectancy.

 "For I know the plans I have for you, plans for good, not for harm; plans for hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment